Friday, August 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADY!


Today is Brady's 1st birthday and I absolutely cannot believe that this entire year has flown right by! Crazy! Its actually pretty cool though that his birthday happens to be on August 1st. Growing up, my entire family (Mom, Dad and brothers) birthdays were all in July. Mine was in August. You might think that this would make me feel unique or special (as my parents would try to convey) but still, I always just felt, well, left out. To top it off, my family would always seem to have a joint July birthday party, filled with balloons, cakes, presents, and the like. They would encourage me by saying, "Oh we'll have a SEPARATE party for you in August"...never happened. I know really, I'm crying myself a river...scarred for life. Fast forward to 2006 when we find out out baby #2 is on the way. The due date? July 21st, which of course meant, another July birthday. Everyone announced "Maybe he will be born on my birthday!" I never would have guessed that he would be ELEVEN days late. I never would have guessed that he would come catapulting himself into August by two measly hours. I know its probably just sheer coincidence, but I'd like to think that he waited it out just to share his birthday month with me. It would be like him though. Even though hes just one, he has the sweetest little spirit and is so full of love and life. Happy birthday son!

4 comments:

christina said...

We love you little man. Happy Birthday!

The VanDorn Family said...

Happy Birthday Brades!

side of fries said...

Happy Birthday, Brady! He's such a little hunk of love!!

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Happy Bday Brady! Sorry we missed out on the par-tay! Bet it was a blast. Hope you enjoyed the cake...especially for your mama! Lov Us