

by Bryna
Mothers mothers like no others
beautiful to me
One did birth me
One did Take me-into her family
First one taught me kindness, sharing
next one shared her son
first one loved me, always caring
next one called me hon
First one loving mother hen,
I'd fall down to be brushed off again
Next one loving mother hen
raising a man among the men
First one loved me when she saw me
Next one chose to too
First one held me, babe in arms
Next one held HIM new
First one told me to choose wisely
Next one showed me how
First one always there to talk to
Next one also there now
Looking at these mothers two,
That I saw made grandmothers
I thank the Lord for giving them
and giving me no others
Now that I, am mother too,
I take from them each day
I want to be just like them both,
in each their own, motherly way.
From first I take your gentleness,
your sayings and your stories
From next I take your sacrifice,
and empathetic worries
From first I take your cozy home
your safety, and memories past
From next I take your open home,
your acceptance, and name that is last.
Of course I say I take these things,
but only can I try,
to be the mother that you've been,
Ill strive until I die.
I love you, love you, old and new,
a love that never fades
I take you both around with me
for your grand kids that I raise
I wish someday when looking back
that they will truly know,
its okay to be your mother!
and they'll see YOU inside their own.
Thanks for being you our dear mothers! Happy Mothers day from all of us!
1 comment:
Thank you for such a lovely poem Bryna. It touched me deeply. I love you more than words can say and I am so very proud of the Mother that YOU are!
Post a Comment