Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Riley!



The other day Riley and I, along with the kids, busted out again, for the second time, the little mermaid slip and slide. Tatum was a little hesitant, since the sunny weather was borderline hot/cold, I preferred to stay comfortably warm on my towel in the sun (even after being called a party pooper numerous times), and Brady seemed content to watch the scene unfold. The scene? The scene was a scene that was called "Daddy". Riley filled that slide up to the brim with water, turned it on full blast, and was diving down that thing like a third grader visiting Raging Waters for the first time. As I sat there on my nice warm towel I heard myself saying things like "Tatum go play with Daddy, he needs a friend"..and, "Honey you are so close to crashing your head right into those rocks!"..then I heard the question, directed I think towards me-"Hey you know how I can get this thing to go even faster?"..."Soap?" I responded reluctantly. "Nope"..and the next thing I knew I was gazing up at a vision I will never forget. I could barely make it out. It was more like a blur, it was going so fast. But I think, yes, yes, it was what I thought. Rileys bare butt sliding at an inhuman speed down our little mermaid slip n slide. Accompanying the sight was a long "WHHHOOOOO HHOOOO!" and then a crash. Im happy to inform you that hes okay. Im not sure if our little Mermaid Slip and Slide will ever fully recover (and Chrisina, you might not want to let your girls slide on it ever again) but we are glad that Riley is Ok at least. Today is my dear husbands birthday. If you know him, Im sure you can picture this scene perfectly (at least the parts you want to!) and chances are, that you probably love him. You probably also know, why I love him. This story, weirdly, just happens to be one of the many reasons why I do. Riley, Thank you for being the perfect husband (perfect for ME at least), an incredible dad, and such an amazing person. AND thank you for making me laugh over and over again. I love you more than words can explain. Happy Birthday.

No comments: