Monday, March 24, 2008

An Easter to Remember

These Easters just keep getting better and better. Yesterdays was especially memorable, as my brother taught for the first time as SENIOR Pastor of our church (catch the study at calvary.com) It was probably one of the most powerful messages I personally have ever heard-the man was ON FIRE. Its very cool to see him in his element, a place where God himself has obviously placed him. The only downfall to this scenario is that I am once again vunerable as being the brunt of sermon illustrations (an embarrasing post that I took as a child) nevertheless, I will consider it a ministry.

Another highlight was that Tatum was easter egg hunt ready. Last year she could have participated but was so tuckered out by the time the hunt started she had to take a nap. This year though, along with her two cousins Lauren and Violet, she was clearly VERY INTO IT. She was plopping those eggs into her basket like a pro and loving every minute. There was even a few moments where she was forced to be a bit cut throat as her and Lauren spotted the same egg. Usually Tatum prevailed due to her competative nature and brute force strength (well that and Lauren letting her). Brady and June will be joining the fun next year, a realization that Chrisina and I were blown away by as we sat around in the late afternoon eating berry trifle and citrus bars..which was another highlight-the food. Simply way too much of it, but every bite
DE-licious. Happy Easter to all our (much loved) friends and family.

2 comments:

The VanDorn Family said...

Sounds like fun! Maybe E will come egg hunting next year.

Allison said...

Your kiddos are so cute! Sounds like a great Easter, we're excited for Nate :) Is it really that warm there that you guys can bust out spring dresses??? It's snowing here and I'm still sporting my winter coat! Love ya Bryn!