Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mr. Dino



For 5 years now, Riley and I have given each other these flosser things in our Christmas stockings. It was probably around year two when we discovered that we both hate them and prefer the traditional floss, yet the tradition still remains, and I continue to, for some reason, keep them all piled in a bathroom drawer. But that's beside the point. Yesterday morning I happened to have this drawer open with Tatum by my side, and as swift as a gazelle she plucked one out and immediately said "Whats this thing Mama?". I looked down with a smile and asked her, "What do you think it is?" It was then that she told me matter of factly that it was a baby dinosaur and his name was, of course, "Mr. Dino". It has been two days since her and her new friend have been playing together. Mr. Dino has been able to experience all sorts of new things since he has been freed from the flosser collecting drawer (what was he doing in there anyway?) such as jumping in Brady's johnny jump up, sliding down slides, eating every meal with Tatum, sitting patiently on the bathroom counter while Tatum uses the toilet-hes even had a few time outs. Of course I am so glad that they can share this exciting life together, and I am not AT ALL secretly hoping that she will forget about him by the time she wakes up tomorrow...

2 comments:

Chris and Jenn said...

Bryn! That's so funny!!! I love that he got a time out. Kids are hilarious! Isn't it funny how they love household crap better than real toys? Parker prefers a costco size diaper box more than anything we could ever buy him! Love you!

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

I am laughing out loud (waking up everyone) as I do it. Great story