Friday, April 4, 2008

Visitors
















Yesterday our friends from Oregon, Andy and Michelle, stopped through on their way down south. It was a great time, as we enjoyed an adult dinner(after 8), and randomly experienced eating a chocolate covered jalapeno together (a definite bonding experience). I'm learning something new about my daughter though. She is an absolute FREAK about visitors. Shes never once met Andy or Michelle in her life, but within 3 minutes of their arrival, she was sitting on Andy's lap forcing him to read her books. Then she'd bounce over to Michelle and sit on her foot, looking at her like "Hello, wheres my horsey ride?". All the meanwhile pulling out every toy and trick she could think of to show them. Later on in the day, Riley took Andy out to play Pebble, and Michelle went to the aquarium..but Tatum KNEW that they would be returning. This information was all that Tatum needed to stay pumped all day. Any sound outside (a car door slamming, someone talking) she would make a sprint for the door announcing "Their Back!". At one point, I heard a girls voice outside and thought it might be Michelle returning, but to Tatums dismay, it turned out to be some Lady..."Oh its not Michelle Tatum..its just some lady we dont know", I said to her disappointed face. "Can we just have the lady come in then?" she immediately asked. Apparently it doesn't matter WHO comes in as long as they just COME IN. Later that night when they returned, having only known Michelle for a few hours, Tatum graciously invited her into the bathroom to "watch her" during one of her marathon sits on the toilet (Lucky Michelle). And that night, while tucking her in I asked her what she wanted me to tell her a story about..and woulnt you know, "Michelle" was the answer. I guess just like her daddy, Tatum is a genuine people lover. People people people..all day every day, new, old, young, weird, normal, ugly or good lookin-it doesnt matter..she just cant get enough. I count this as a very good thing.

No comments: