Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lunch



My husbands job is ridiculous, I have to say. My conclusion has been, over the past two years that he has been at Cypress Point Club, as I have tried to figure out exactly what he does all day-has been, that basically he gets paid to play golf, sip "Sams Specials" (sounds fancy whatever they are), and socialize. I'm pretty sure that covers it. Oh, and he eats gourmet meals every day for lunch (and breakfast) that make my dinners seem like Happy Meals in a drive though. Even on our 5 year anniversary recently, as we were out to dinner, I was prompting him to order the fillet Mignon-his response? "No, Im kinda sick of fillets." What? He is spoiled rotten to say the least. Yesterday, as I was finally able to sit down with my lunch at 3:30 to check my e mail, I noticed that my husband had sent me a loving little note describing his day-and his lunch.(how sweet) he even had the kindness in his heart to send me a picture of his lunch (of course taken promptly at 12pm.) I opened up the e mail to find this

later I found out it was bacon wrapped fillet, with some fancy salad, salmon and mango salsa, and a nice little fruit cup. As I sat there, glaring at the picture, I glanced down at my own lunch, sitting on my bleach spotted sweat pants from cleaning all afternoon. Maybe he'd be curious to see what I was eating for lunch (at 3:30)-so, I sent it along.


A leftover apple from Tatums lunch at noon (hence the browning spots) and almonds. There is something terribly, terribly wrong in this world.


4 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

have to say Bryna, that was CLASSIC! I am still laughing to myself as I go eat carys n bay's leftover PBnJ's.

nate said...

This post is a 10. Outrageous. That apple looked straight dumpster dive. You eat like a homeless rodent.

Allison said...

Ok, I laughed both at your entry and Nate's comment! I can't believe he set you an email of his lunch... You guys should switch lives for a day :)

The VanDorn Family said...

I can't believe that is Riley's lunch! I feel so lucky when I get something that has been heated up. Lean Pockets!